Plant Sale and Marketplace
Over 1500 sq. ft. of table tops filled with plants – come early for best selections. MGs available with information about plant selections – care and cultivation.
CA natives, salvias, drought tolerant, succulents, tillandsia, epiphyllum, asclepias, staghorn ferns unusual varieties and everyday favorites - ranging in size from 4"x 4" pots to small shrubs and trees.
Master Gardener made Birdhouses; Beautiful, and sometimes quirky Garden Art; Useful Garden tools, supplies; Gently Used Garden Books;
A Sampling of Available Plants
- Shade loving Coffee plants - 13 varieties of coffea arabica. Make gorgeous shrubs varying from 5 - 8+ feet tall, with white flowers, and different colored berries, depending on the variety.
- Winter vegetable seed kits including trays, soil, seeds, and instructions will be available. Grow your own healthy vegetables chosen from a mix of lettuce, mustard greens spinach, kale, chard, beets, kohlrabi, cabbage, and cauliflower from USDA certified organic, non-GMO seeds.
- Bird and Butterfly attracting plants
- Flowering, drought tolerant shrubs and vines
- Multiple varieties of ornamental grasses
- Unusual cacti
- Garden standards - geranium, salvia, etc
- An enormous variety and quantity of succulent - old favorites, unusual varigated varieties, low growing and shrub like.
- Fall season color plants
Exhibits and Demonstrations
- Exhibits on Earth Friendly Gardens
- How to Propagate Plants
- How to attract Hummingbirds and Butterflies to your garden
- Composting & Vermiculture
- Good Bugs & Bad Bug
- Irrigation and Water Conservation
- School Gardens in SD
- Community Gardens in SD
- Landscape Design & Wild Fire Zone considerations
- Got a question about something in your garden?: Ask a Master Gardener Booth will be open all day to give you an answer.
For questions, please contact:
UCCE Master Gardener Program
of San Diego County
9335 Hazard Way, Suite #201
San Diego, CA 92123
Hotline: (858) 822-6910