Benefits of the School Garden
Some of the many benefits of a garden are:
- Integrate curriculum in areas of science, math, social studies, and language arts.
- Connect children to the earth and the source of their food.
- Enhance childrens awareness and appreciation of the environment.
- Provide a strategy and meaningful activity for working with at risk students.
- Help students develop a strong sense of belonging, fellowship, caring, and community through garden activities.
- Instill pride, ownership, and responsibility among students and community members.
- Acquire additional funds, resources, and support through successful garden activities.
- Increase self-esteem of students.